Welcome to my Wilderness Journal

You may enjoy my September 2012 blog: Sharing Experiences of Great Mystery, which describes the purpose of this wilderness log, photo-art gallery, and poetry corner. In Peace, Bob

Friday, April 18, 2014

Hiking Northern New Mexico from 35,000'

The Pecos Wilderness peaks


Yesterday I flew home to Sacramento from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. The Taos-Santa Fe area is about halfway along a straight line between San Francisco and Mississippi's Coast. Flying and driving along this "transect" for the last forty-six years I've come to view this stretch of the earth as a spiritual pilgrimage. 

I chose a seat on the north side of the plane so I might get a God's Eye view of the very special Sangre de Cristo Mountains I've explored with my Taos friend David. Here are the views I came away with.

West Spanish Peak in Colorado

The Colorado Sangre de Cristos (left) and Spanish Peaks on the right


Las Vegas, New Mexico


Hermit's Peak near Las Vegas New Mexico which I climbed in 1971 with Larry McClintock

The Pecos Peaks



SE of Santa Fe possibly showing the E.T. Seton Ranch area


Flying towards Gallup Area

Last New Mexico view "Adios Land of Enchantment"