Welcome to my Wilderness Journal

You may enjoy my September 2012 blog: Sharing Experiences of Great Mystery, which describes the purpose of this wilderness log, photo-art gallery, and poetry corner. In Peace, Bob

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Peak Wildflowers on the Iceberg Lake Trail in Glacier National Park




Our finest day-hike on our July 2013 tour of U.S and Canadian National Parks of the Northern Rockies was by far the Iceberg Lake Trail in Glacier National Park. Participants included my brother and our first cousin once-removed. We had a newly-purchased bear spray as we were headed through prime grizzly habitat with lots high brush and blind trail curves. I kept calling out, "Hey Bear! Go away Bear!" as I too was anxious about surprising some 1,000 pound carnivore in this flower-strewn 10-mile round-trip trail. The elevation gain and loss was only about 1,300 feet.

The views are stunning as the trail clings to the side of an open slope for most of the hike. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. We did not see any grizzlies or black bears (but who knows maybe I scared off a dozen with my loud shouts!).
































































Happy Trails to you! Peace, Bob