Welcome to my Wilderness Journal

You may enjoy my September 2012 blog: Sharing Experiences of Great Mystery, which describes the purpose of this wilderness log, photo-art gallery, and poetry corner. In Peace, Bob

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Moonlight Meanderings at Mammoth: Yellowstone National Park

Last July I was attending a family reunion in Yellowstone and saw that a full moon was occurring while we were camping near Mammoth Hot Springs. After scoping out the boardwalk trails in daylight to see which terraces were actively spouting hot water I enrolled some of my family to join me for a mad moonlight meander to see what we could see (and photograph). I took my new Nikon D600 FX camera but no tripod so all these shots are hand-held (sometimes I used the boardwalk fence as a support). We had a fantastic adventure exploring in the full moonlight in the cool of the night without crowds. Enjoy the photos!

Near Canary Springs in Upper Terrace

Near Canary Springs in Upper Terrace

Canary Springs in Upper Terrace

Near Canary Springs in Upper Terrace

Near Canary Springs in Upper Terrace

White Elephant Back Terrace by Moonlight

White Elephant Back Terrace with flash

The Liberty Cap in Lower Terrace

Palette Springs in Lower Terrace

Pallette Springs in Lower Terrace