Welcome to my Wilderness Journal

You may enjoy my September 2012 blog: Sharing Experiences of Great Mystery, which describes the purpose of this wilderness log, photo-art gallery, and poetry corner. In Peace, Bob

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Two Days Exploring Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument

The giant Saguaro and Organ Pipe Cactus were blooming as I arrived at Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument along the Mexico-Arizona border. At one point I was right at the four-foot-high fence with one strand of barbed wire separating me from Mexico Highway 2 busy with truck traffic. Border patrol was everywhere and the U.S. Park Service has compassionately placed water caches and emergency locator call buttons in the desert for illegal immigrants abandoned by their Coyote guides. I felt how fortunate I am to be secure and able to enjoy the May beauty of this special Sonoran Desert in bloom with flowers and insects and evening light. Enjoy these images of the desert.